Are you planning to retrofit your home to make it eco-friendly? Would you be happy to share your experiences and act as an inspiration to others? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
To achieve SuperHome status your home’s carbon emissions must be reduced by at least 60% through refurbishment. Although this threshold is hard to reach, every house for which a major retrofit is planned is potentially an ‘Aspiring SuperHome’.We can promote your home as an Aspiring SuperHome if your home:
- Has an existing plan to reach the 60% carbon saving threshold, or
- Is unable, for practical reasons, to meet the 60% threshold, but:
- has retrofit features likely to be inspirational or informative to others
- is in an area where there are few existing examples of SuperHomes
- is of an uncommon construction type (e.g. traditional timber frame)
- can demonstrate the use of innovative energy improvement measures
and you as the owner are happy to provide existing energy information and to share your experience in at least one of the following ways:
- Invite visitors to see your plans and view work in progress
- Share your learning through an article, video diary or ‘How to…’
- Host open days on completion of the work
Tell us what you are planning
Please list the changes you are planning on our Measures Template so we can calculate what reduction in carbon emissions this would produce.
Download the SuperHome Data Collection Form