Owner(s): Malcolm Parker
House Type: 1960s detached
Carbon saving: 75%
- uPVC double glazing throughout.
- 60 mm Cavity wall insulation and 40mm Kingspan Kooltherm internal insulation.
- 75 mm cellulose loft insulation plus 300mm Superwrap with plastic foil cover.
- 40mm Kingspan floor insulation. The new extension has 100mm Celotex insulation with Underfloor heating.
- Sanyo Eco 9kW air source heat pump that runs on CO2 not HCFCs and so operates down to -25c not -10c(HCFCs).
- Zone controlled Underfloor heating to extension. Existing bungalow fitted with radiators with 100% thermostatic valves and zone controlled by room stat. Hot water provided instantly by heat store.
- 2 arrays 16 Sanyo HIT 240HDE4 PV panels fitted with a nominal power output of 3.84 kWp.
- Low energy lighting throughout.
- Low energy appliances.
- Water saving devices include: Spray taps on basins and thermostatic showers fitted instead of bath. New dual flush low water content toilet cisterns to both bathrooms.
Early interest in Open Days encourages SuperHome owners to host more events. Please contact this homeowner now if you'd like to attend their next Open Day. There are currently no events showing. This may mean that the homeowner is still deciding on dates. Please check back soon.