Owner(s): Rob Veck
House Type: 1979 Modern four bed house
Carbon saving: 86%
- Insulation - External wall insulation (Celotex 110mm) based on rain screen cladding. uValue 0.14 W/m2K. External wall extension - 200mm celotex onto solid wall 212mm thick concrete blocks. Use of 10mm of Spacetherm on window edges and lintles.
- Windows - Triple glazing - dormer windows & extension. New front & back door - .8 uvalue.
- Loft insulation - 290mm Celotex on sloping roof and additional 150mm celotex on flat roof of dormer. Additional 200mm on dormer walls
- Floor insulation - 165mm Celtex under floor (except kitchen and down stairs WC). Polystyrene panels for extension to achieve a uvalue of 0.10 W/m2K
- Ceiling insulation - Energain panels in 2 rooms to enhance thermal mass.
- Ventilation heat recovery - Villavent system
- Condensing gas boiler – all rads with TRVs
- Solar hot water - Navitron SCM15-58/1800
- 3.85kWp PV System; 22 BP 4175YT panels wire in 4 strings
- Low energy lighting - 80% of lights replaced with LED 1watt GU10 bulbs.
- Water saving devices – dual flush toilets
- Wood burning stove
- Recycled flooring & decking
- Wood store drying system
Visit Rob's website for further information by clicking here
Early interest in Open Days encourages SuperHome owners to host more events. Please contact this homeowner now if you'd like to attend their next Open Day. There are currently no events showing. This may mean that the homeowner is still deciding on dates. Please check back soon.